Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Knitting weather in Melbourne

I started this scarf last winter, from some wool picked up at the Canberra Markets, in June 2010.  Doesn't it look fiery and warm?   A simple garter stitch shows up the beauty of the variegated colours. There's probably only another 10 cm to go to finish it....  so that will be my project this weekend.

Fire Scarf

We are definitely feeling Wintry blasts here in Victoria, during the final week of Autumn.  I've got the beginnings of a head-cold to prove it! However, despite the wind and the rain lashing the windows, it's lovely to snuggle under a cosy, warm, hand-made quilt and settle in for the evening, with my honey, and Misty, the cat.  Autumn, with it's coppery colours and crisp days, is my favourite season of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely to hear from you :)